Aims and Objectives of CAMBA
1. To ascertain, by a survey, the actual number of persons affected by Corneal Opacity and requiring restoration of sight from Eye Donation. To diagnose the enlisted people for Corneal Opacity to analyze the possibility of relief through Eye Donation. The task to
be accomplished with the networking by Sight Keepers (Netra Rakshak) at grass root level.
2. To network with existing Eye Banks and to start Eye Collection Centers.
3. To seek the support of Cornea specialists, Eye specialists and Optometrists and to network them in the covered area.
4. To propagate the need of Eye Donation through intense awareness amongst public. To take efforts for improvement in the infrastructure for Eye Donation in the country.
National Workshop on Corneal Blindness was organized to launch ‘CORNEA ANDHATV MUKT BHARAT ABHIYAN (CAMBA)’, on 05.03.2016, at Constitution Club, New Delhi.
42 Eye specialists, Directors of Eye Banks, President and Secretaries of SAKSHAM’s 29 prant units were present in the workshop.
The presence of the following dignitaries glorified the magnitude and gravity of the Abhiyan.
- Mananiya Sarkaryavah of RSS Shri Bhaiyaji Joshi
- Union Minister of Health Shri J P Nadda ji
- Minister of State for SJ & E Shri Krishnapal ji Gurjar
- EBAI National President Dr. Radhika Tandon
- Dr. SS Agarwal, National President IMA
- Mrs Dharitri Panda, Jt. Secy NBCS (National Blindness Control Society)
- Shri Lov Verma, Former Secretary MoSJ&E
- Ms Ira Singhal, First IAS topper with disability.
- Shri Kulbhushan ji Ahuja, President, Jhandewalan Mandir